Saturday, February 5, 2011

Work Day 2: January 25

Morning number 2 and I'm still jetlagged! Woke up 3 times in the morning again. No surprise. Thing is, when I slept at 11, and then woke up, I felt good and refreshed feeling it was already 530. Only to find out it was only 230. Grrr!

Called in for our weekly team meeting at 6 am. Come to think of it, I was the only one who really needed the 6 am call, but since I was in Concord, and Shirley was on Vik's team, there was no need for a 6 am call. So it was eventually moved to 8 am.

Ate breakfast alone, since Junjun was not there anymore. By the time I got down, he was probably in San Ramon already. After eating, I drove off to the office, and missed a turn, so I passed a different route. It was a longer one, with more stops. Good thing it was an opposite route on Diamond boulevard, so there was a side road and entrance I could turn to and enter at.

Was really sleepy in the morning, so I passed on lunch and just slept in the room. That was refreshing. And thankfully Paul stepped out for lunch, or he'd have to deal with an hour's worth of loud snoring. Hehehe!

Got home in time for social hour and had some snacks and a few drinks with Junjun. Monna came by to pick us up. We accompanied her to Ross so she could buy some luggage. Her’s gave up on her, so it was time to retire it.

Bought some cheapo lotion at Ross. It smelled ok, but didn’t help that much, coz I could still write ‘DRY’ on my arms and legs. Tsk tsk! I'll just take it home and make it someone's pasalubong. Hehehe!

Hestia sent a list for Michael’s arts and crafts, so Junjun and I started walking to Michael's from Ross, coz Monna left us already as she had to drive back to San Ramon and pack for she was leaving for Manila with Dave the next night.

At Michael's, not being the creative guys, we did take some time finding what was on the list. Needed help from the friendly in-store ladies, which we got. It's good to know they know everything they're selling, which should be the case for retail establishments.

Getting the punchers, we walked over to Bed Bath and Beyond for Hestia’s slimline hangers. Joseph talked to me about them, but then said Costco wasn’t selling them as often as before, so they were still waiting for the next sale.

These hangers were pretty bulky if you load them in their as-is box. I eventually learned, as is, only 3 boxes could fit a balikbayan box. And Hestia wanted 5-6 boxes. Oh boy, I figured. Bought only 2, coz I had only 2 hands. Will be back.

No comments: