Saturday, February 5, 2011

LSsS: Little Wonders and Home

Yesterday, February 3, was another headphones and music day, at least in the morning.

And so, yet again, I stumbled upon some older songs in my Music Library, and checked their lyrics. Tear-jerking, to me at least, again.

let it go
let it roll right off your shoulder
don't you know
the hardest part is over
let it in,
let your clarity define you
in the end
we will only just remember how it feels

our lives are made
in these small hours
these little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain

let it slide,
let your troubles fall behind you
let it shine
until you feel it all around you
and i don't mind
if it's me you need to turn to
we'll get by,
it's the heart that really matters in the end

our lives are made
in these small hours
these little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain

all of my regret
will wash away some how
but i can not forget
the way i feel right now

in these small hours
these little wonders
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away
but these small hours
these small hours, still remain...

Little Wonders reminds me of when Hestia was pregnant with Annika. She was at home, not feeling well. When I got home, I caught the middle to last part of the movie, hence my many questions on who was who and what was what, and then the song played. And I was moved. Almost to tears.

So we watched it again, me more intently. Everytime that song plays, I'm reminded of dear Annika (Baci at the time while in Hestia's tummy). She's our Little Wonder.

And while I'm away and looking at the many pictures I've taken of her since birth and as she grew up, I'm made to recall and cherish those little moments behind those pictures. Those little things that make you want to fly back home in a heartbeat and just hug her.

Soon, they'll be Little Wonders.

No comments: