Saturday, February 12, 2011

Of Tracy Lords and Mang Francisco

The drive to Tracy is for the most part via the 680 and the 580. (Tama nga ba?) It’s the interchanges that I watch out for, coz that’s where it’ll be hard to make up for lost ground. Even if Garmin can get me out of the mess, I'd just like to avoid it altogether.

I took almost an hour to get to Bey’s house. Trip should’ve been shorter, but there was traffic nearing Tracy. Slowed to a crawl on all lanes but the rightmost one. I was trying to find out what happened.

Apparently, it was coz of the fog. But visibility wasn’t so bad, coz you could see 5-6 cars ahead. So when I got the chance, I got into the rightmost lane and sped off, probably with a lot of other Filipinos, too. Hehehe!

I call Bey when I get to his house, coz I’m confused. I know he has a Maxima and an X5, but why is there a Ford Focus wagon parked outside? He comes out and moves it out to the street. Nahiya naman ako. Kay mother in law daw yun. Hehehe!

We enter his house and he takes my bag to the 2nd floor guest room. I meet Ma-am, Wesley and Nate. The boys are running around freely at the 2nd floor. Cool. Nice to have big space for kids to do that.

There are covers on the door knobs - so the boys don’t open them and then get locked inside - and a door by the stairs that stops them from going down. I even have a hard time opening it, so it's pretty safe. Hehehe!

We start eating Filipino food, prepared by Ma’am’s Mom. Thank you po, Tita! Felt like home.

Then we started drinking. We decided to finish the bottle of Glenlivet that Bey and Dun opened. It was about 80% full. But we finished it that night. Hehehe!

Anyhow, Bey decided to call Dun. And play a joke on him. The joke eventually was on Bey, coz Dun’s GSM signal was way bad and he couldn’t hear us. Sayang laway at sayang load.

Bey then decided to play another joke but on Hestia this time. With his fully modulated voice, he calls and looks for ‘Hestia Axalan’ and then he introduces himself as a call center survey guy for Medela Products Company. Wahaha! Hestia catches him after a few exchanges.

After talking to Bey, Ma-am and myself, Hestia eventually had to put the phone down so we continued with Glen. While we were finishing him off, we moved over to the comfier sofa and watched the Women’s Finals of the Australian open.

Ok TV ni Bey, 50 plus inch tv na may ‘privacy feature’. You have to be right in front of it to see what’s on. If you’re only in the periphery, there’s nothing you can see. Hahaha! Didn't know Samsung made them that way.

As we finish Glen, Bey puts a 6 pack of beer in the fridge. Well wadya know? It’s San Mig Light. Hahaha! I was kidding him – that the only difference between being in the US and in the Philippines with the drinking session we had was the lack of flies and heat. Hahaha!

I doze off toward the 3rd set, and wake up when Clijsters wins it. Bey on the other hand heads for Lala land while they’re awarding the winners. Hehehe! I wake him up, and we turn in. Sleepy but not drunk. Hehehe! Sarap! Miss the Prayles.

No comments: