Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jan 27 – Thursday. Downed by the Wings!

I woke up with a tummy ache. Must’ve eaten too many chicken wings. Grrr! I learn later at breakfast that Junjun had the same tummy problem. Must’ve been a bad combo of too many wings and whatever it was made with that didn’t sit well with us both. Oh bother!

Brought my “Point and Shoot” camera to work. There was a team lunch then, so I knew I had to take a few pics which I could send back to the team at home. Plus, the only work the camera did so far was take in-room pix. Insulting for that type of a camera.

Took some pics of Paul doing something I can’t recall in our room. I’m sure it was fixing his A/C adaptor, but it sure looked like something else. Like dancing. Hehehe!

He takes interest in the 24-70L. Saying he had to leave his Nikon D60 at home coz his daughter was going to use it. And then he curses coz it’s his f@#$%#@n camera anyway. Oh well. Daughters’ power of Daddys. Gotta watch out for Annika and Sachi.

We then have a meeting that extends to our earlier scheduled lunch out, at which we’re besieged by our teammates, calling us out to have lunch already. Hehehe!

We eat at Claim Jumper. And with the queasy tummy, I go for a cobb salad and soup, and pass on the heavier meal. (i.e. ribs, etc.) Plus these guys all went for salads, so I figured, let’s stay with them.

Pete picks up the tab – coz he’s got the highest pay grade among us, which points to him as the guy who should really pay, hehe – plus coz Paul keeps on ribbing him about it. When I thank him, he says, Thanks to Chevron. Hahaha! True!


We go back and have more marathon meetings. But at the day’s end, Pete and Kathy drop by our office. They’re not coming to work the day after, coz they fly out to New York in the morning. Ah New York, my favorite US city. Maybe not now, coz of the snow. Hehehe! San Francisco’s just right now. Balimbing!

Before I drive to the hotel, I cross the boulevard and head over to Seafood City, well, to a store in it - Atlas couriers - to buy a box. You open the door, step in, and get the greeting “Ano yun?” Feels like home already. Hahaha!

I buy a 20x20 box, coz the lady says they usually don’t allow the bigger box as luggage. Shipping is fine. I still had some illusions I could get more luggage allowance.

I head on home, and there was pizza! Perfect! So I tape up the box, shove the hangers in, and sign off for the night.

No comments: