Saturday, March 17, 2007

mr. right's wrong...


i love kids...i love tulips...my mr. right knows all those facts. he understands why i can't stop missing my little boys (that's how i call my endearing nephews - mattie & miguel), even if i just spent the weekend with them. he understands that if i ever have a chance to see tulips growing in the streetsides of manila (how i wish!), he can never stop me from just being so bubbly and from asking him to take a lot of my 'flowershots' (kahit nakakahiya pala yun if i realize later on). oh well, i can say he knows me...he knows me very well - my quirks, my weakness, my comfort food, my mood. why am i writing this? i can't sleep. i can't get the thought out of my mind...that i was wrong. yesterday was another memorable one for me -- hectic as it always was, my day was packed with a series of meetings and a bad headache that i never had the chance to even see my mr. right (we're working in same place, by the way)...i just wanted my workhours to end so i can move ahead with my social life. yesterday, i had to check out on one reception venue setup (which was impressive, i should say) and to attend the rehearsal of our choir. yes, i was excited to hear them practice (especially that i miss my chorale practices lately). our friendly choirmaster invited us in, shortly after they finished on the song they were practicing when we got there. the kids said hello (oh, i forgot to mention, i have always dreamed of getting a children's choir for my wedding day...so we got one!). the choirmaster seated us in front of the kids - there were 25 to 30 kids in the room - and said, "this is one song we are practicing for you..." i smiled and said, "oh thank you!". the moment i heard the background music, i immediately said, "baka maiyak ako niyan ha...hehe". the kids started singing..."I Will Be Here" (S.C. Chapman). while listening, i was just smiling...until the little boy in front of me stood up...and handed me a red tulip! i smiled and said, "thank you!"...i was just thinking, "how sweet". and one by one the kids started to stand up while singing, handing a tulip to me...then i realized something's wrong! I WAS WRONG! i knew i fell for my mr. right for his sweet, caring and loving nature. i just never thought he was that creative...towards the end of the song, i saw all the kids in front of us, standing, smiling, and singing angelically....and saw my mr. right kneel down before me, as i was laughing and crying at the same time! (what a crazy sight, huh?!)...he was proposing to me with a ring! (oh yes, i got my ring)...while our choirmaster and rey were busy capturing the moment for us. who in the world could turn down a proposal like that! in the end, we were surrounded with talented kids (laughing with us and enjoying the moment) and colorful tulips! it is definitely a memorable day for me...my usual harassing day turned out to be a special day that again made me check off one of things in my "little girl's wishlist" -- a memorable proposal to share with our own little angels...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nashock din ako at nagkaroon ng creative juices in him somewhere. pero he says he needs to thank friends...feeling ko may nagsuggest *think*think* hehehehe

Congrats to both of you!!

Lisa said...

omg! (ayan nanaman omg ko. hee.)

migs, i always knew you had it in you. pero kinilabutan pa din ako nug nabasa ko.

buti na lang ikaw ang last na nag-propose among the honda boys! ha ha.

kong-chu said...

hahaha, I had the same initial reaction as Lisa pala! OMG!!!

Am so proud of you, Migoy! :)

Congratulations to you and Hestia! Have fun with the wedding preps. :)

Unknown said...

smooth bro, really smooooth!