Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bling On The Left Finger

It's funny how things turn out when they're meant to be. Somehow, you just do all you can and let fate handle the rest.

Is the venue really more important than what transpires at it? In general, I guess so. You can't hold a car show packed with German and Italian exotics at a crappy or perhaps too simple, or too pedestrian a venue and expect it to be successful and memorable. But in our case, I heard my honey say it wasn't as important as what had happened at it.

"Where did he propose?" This is a question that will be oft-repeated, as it has been the past 24 hours, by friends and family, hers and mine alike. The answer: An unromantic, and average music room in one of your average buildings. "Nyah!" you'd exclaim. Since when has that combination been a romantic location? Has something really great been done to it by the powers-that-be to make it a memorable place?

Not quite. But, to us, my honey especially, it's a special place that made us smile as we passed it earlier today, and will continue to bring smiles to our faces whenever we're in the area, and it's a once-in-a-lifetime event I probably can't duplicate even with all my creative juices at full boil.

If you wanna find out what happened, just read her latest post. Yes, I had her love for kids, for flowers and for music in mind when I planned this. Thankfully I was able to find some way to get them together at once. Yes, she was laughing and crying at the same time, blaming me for not giving her time to be glamorous enough for such an occasion. 1) There was no need for such, 2) It would ruin the surprise. She did not see it coming. Wapakk!!! I was smiling all the way, happy that all things came together. I was finally able to pull off something memorable and creative. Astig! Planning, and a lot of prayers paid off. Oh, not to mention a lot help from friends who I can't name at the moment. You guys know who you are, and to all of you, I am eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Putangina, bakit isa pa ako sa mga huli naka alam nito, dito ko pa sa Singapore nalaman!!!! Putangina, mabuhay ang bagong kasal!!!