Sunday, August 12, 2007

Restless Nights, Sleepless Nights, Helpless Nights

It's really true that the person getting left behind going about the same routine but alone feels, well, alone and lonely. Though this is not the first time for me, somehow it feels even more depressing than the first time.

Five nights have passed since Hestia left. Three of those nights I was home early after work, and two other of those nights I was out a bit late. But in all of those nights, I hadn't slept straight nor soundly. Without fail, I'd wake up at 2-2:30 am, whether or not I had slept early the night before. It would take me a while to get back to sleep. And it would be a b1tch to wake up in the morning.

I miss you, Hestia.

I miss waking up in the morning knowing that someone's gonna be waiting for me. I miss waking up reading your good morning greetings. I miss seeing your partly-harrassed-by-work self when I get to the office.

I miss you.

Telecommunications infrastructure at your part of the world aren't helping me. I don't like the feeling of not being able to contact you. The feeling of helplessness just makes it more frustrating.

Oh boy... 28 days of this to go.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

he he. akala ko ako lang. didn't know you wrote about it also.

di naman sa nanggagatong pa ako but it gets even more difficult when you're married na. hee.

let's have dinner again soon. will compute muna how much extra cash i have tapos ako naman manlilibre. ha ha.